Welcome to the spring 2017 New Trier High School Rowing season!
TRYOUT REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
IMPORTANT TRYOUT INFORMATION:
- Tryout Dates:
Monday, March 6
- Friday, March 10
. All students must attend all five days of tryouts. See "Tryout Schedule" posted under "Spring 2017 Schedules". (Schedule subject to change so please check regularly).
- Rosters emailed to rowers Friday, March 10
- Spring season practices begin Saturday, March 11
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS (For all new & returning rowers):
1. Fill out theNT Rowing On-Line Registration Form
. Please input your full name as it appears on your driver's license or student ID as we have occasions when the team needs to purchase airline tickets. A registration confirmation email will be sent to the Parent #1 email address. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY ! Registration closes Friday, March 3
2. EMERGENCY FORM:
and turn in to your coach on the first day of tryouts.
3. ATHLETIC PHYSICAL & PARENT CONSENT FORM
(Due 1 week prior to Tryouts)
All athletes must have a valid physical exam on file with the Athletic Department and must submit an
"Athletic Physical & Parent Consent Form"
to their respective
Athletic Department offices
(Northfield or Winnetka). Note: This form is NOT collected by NT Rowing. It must be submitted to the Athletic Dept. office PRIOR to tryouts.
Contact the Athletic Department (847-784-2225) with questions about the Consent Form or Annual Physical.
- SWIMMING COMPETENCY: All new rowers & coxswains must pass a swim test prior to practicing on the water and after team rosters are posted. The swim test includes being able to swim four (4) laps in a 25-yard pool and tread water for ten (10) minutes while wearing a rowing uniform.
- EXTRACURRICULAR CODE: All rowers/coxswains must pass a written
quiz given during tryouts to be eligible to make the team.
- For those who make the team, payment of the spring regatta fee will be due immediately to confirm a spot on the roster. Details of "
will be posted on the website under "Fees & Refund Policies".
- Once the teams are selected there will be a
Mandatory Parent and Rower meeting on Monday, March 13
from 7:00 to 8:00 PM in the Winnetka Campus Cafeteria, with clothing and fan gear for sale beforehand from 6:00-7:00 PM .
- A free shuttle will be available for NTRC rowers to ride to/from campus to the Dammrich Rowing Center (DRC) for practice.
Please review the
for answers to many common questions.
If you have registration questions, please contact Felicia Lerner at
. For general NT Rowing questions please e-mail Jean Halferty at
GO NEW TRIER!!