This year, Veterans Day is on Sunday, November 11. New Trier High School will also recognize the holiday on Monday, November 12, to honor those who have served our country. Please see below for a schedule of events at both campuses:
Winnetka Campus events:
- Student Alliance will sponsor a Veteran's Day celebration on 11/12, beginning with an annual Veterans Day
- Ceremony that will be held inside, in the lower level of the concourse at 8:20 a.m
- A video created by Trevolution will be available for viewing prior to the ceremony
- The Great Lakes Naval Training Color Guard and Drill Team will perform
- New Trier's very own Lucy McDowell will perform God Bless America.
- New Trier's very own Florian Vining will play a rendition of Taps on the bugle
- New Trier's very own Drumline will lead the procession.
- Hallway digital monitors on both campuses will display photographs of staff members who served in the military.
- Students and staff are encouraged to visit the Veterans Day display in the library, which includes commemorative plaques listing the names of past New Trier students who lost their lives serving our country.
Northfield Campus events:
- A flag-raising ceremony will begin at 8 a.m. at the flagpole in the stadium.
- Employees who are veterans will be recognized on monitors throughout the campus.
- There will be notecards and art supplies available during lunch periods in the cafeteria on 11/12. Students and staff can use the supplies to design and write a thank-you note to a person in the armed services.
- The library will display both fiction and non-fiction books that feature veterans' experiences.
- All faculty and staff are invited to join the KW Department as they recognize Veterans Day. During periods 1-3 and 5-9 the KW classes will be participating in the Murph Workout Challenge, a military-style workout, in the Main Gym.