Home > Academics > Science
New Trier is going GREEN!!!
Click on the link below to explore how much energy has been generated by our new solar power panels
Rooftop Photovoltaic Cells
The science curriculum is oriented toward investigative processes designed to meet the individual student’s needs and abilities. Through a variety of learning experiences, students are encouraged to engage in scientific inquiry to observe scientific principles that are established through careful observation; weigh facts and arrive at valid conclusions; appreciate the historical contributions of scientists; and recognize that science does not consist merely of facts and dogma, but that it is an exciting, dynamic process!
The goals of the science department are that students will:
- Perform the inquiry process of science as a system of knowing that involves:
- the recognition and formulation of a problem,
- the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and
- the formulation and testing of hypotheses.
- Use scientific models and theories to explain the concepts and principles of life, physical, earth, and/or space sciences.
- Understand how science is incorporated into the human experiences of history, society, culture, politics, and technology
News and Updates