Class of 2017
INCOMING FRESHMAN PARENT UPDATE
Welcome to the New Trier Incoming Freshman Parent Page. Our mission is to keep you as informed and up to date as possible as we navigate this 2012-2013 school year. As information becomes available for your class, it will be posted on this page.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
|The NTPA has an Executive Board for each class made up of volunteer parents. Ronna Gordon and Betsy Helmer are the Co Presidents of the NTPA this year. Feel free to contact them for more information about the 2017 Executive Board opportunities. The Executive Board for the Class of 2017 will be created in June 2013. An online volunteer form is available here.|
IMPORTANT DATES FOR INCOMING CLASS OF 2017
- Mon, May 6 - "After the Academics", NT Athletic and Activities Fair, 7:00 - 8:00 pm, Main Gym, Building F, (N)
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR INCOMING FRESHMAN
PROGRAMS for 2017 PARENTS
International Exchange Students
Become a host family or an exchange student. Find out more about going abroad or hosting a foreign student. Or contact Athena Arvanitis, New Trier's Director of Student Life, or Beth Drucker via email or call Beth at 847-256-2676 to learn more about hosting or becoming an exchange student. If you are not able to host, but know someone who might consider it, please pass on this information.
Many NTPA programs are videotaped and available for viewing online (click here for the updated software) or parents may borrow videotapes by contacting Mari Plotnik, NTPA Secretary, by email or 847-784-2202.
INFORMATION for PARENTS in a Click
- Parents' Press - This publication, mailed to every student's home by the Parents' Association at the beginning of each academic quarter, is a must read. It provides an insightful overview of past and future events scheduled at both campuses and articles of interest to New Trier parents.
- Daily Bulletin- Read the information announced to your student each day during advisery.
- Sports Schedules
- Performing Arts For updates, events and schedules for all of the fine arts, please check the website on a regular basis. Click here to get the latest edition of Stage Directions.
- Email notifications and automated phone calls corrections/updates? Call Records 847-784-2212
- NTHS Guidebook and Code of Conduct
- Extracurricular Code
- NTHS Athletic Handbook and NTHS Athletic Quick facts Guide
- Health Services- (W) 847-784-2110 (N) 847-784-7513
- Bookstore- Hours 7:30 am-4:00 pm 847-784-2264, Fall Booklist (W), Fall Booklist (N). Rent or buy textbooks online.
- Board of Education Meetings: in person, NTTV or podcast
- NT News Order Form - For just $30, you will receive approximately 25 issues of the New Trier News and the Examiner (appears twice a quarter). Subscribe by sending a check payable to: New Trier News, Attention-Carlo Trovato, 385 Winnetka Ave., Winnetka, IL 60093. Be sure to include your mailing address.
- Trevian Apparel
- NTTV: Channel 16 or 18
- WNTH 88.1: Student Radio Station. Click here to listen WNTH Mon-Fri 7:00 am -10:00 pm, Sat and Sun, 24 hours
- 24 Hour Crisis Intervention information and Parent Resources for student assistance programs
- Parents Support Network
- Ethical Conduct & Global Citizenship (ECGC)
- Family Awareness Network (FAN)