Contact Information for Donald R Goers
Donald R Goers
- Serves as District's Chief Financial/Operating Officer, providing ongoing management of business and operational service functions.
- Directs the fiscal planning and budgeting process.
- Administers the operation of business services including payroll, benefits programs, accounting functions, student activity funds and related management information and data processing services.
- Coordinates and conducts the duties of Treasurer, including care and custody of all districts funds and securities and all fiduciary responsibilities of the District.
- Administers all areas of procurement involving bidding for and/or purchasing of supplies and equipment for use within the district.
- Directs the District's transportation services and oversees the general administration of transportation related matters.
- Directs the District's food service program and works with campus administrators on cafeteria related problems.
- Directs the operations of the New Trier Scholarship Trust Fund, the New Trier High School Foundation, and Alumni Activities.
- Administers the District's insurance programs, including property, liability, workers' compensation and employee benefit programs.
- Serves as the Board's chief negotiator in bargaining with the District's organized employee groups.
- Collaborates with legislative and professional associations regarding significant educational issues at the local, state and national levels.
- Oversees the Director of Physical Plant Services and the legal, contractual, and operational functions related to the facilities.
- Oversees the Director of Technology Services and the legal, contractual, and related operational functions.
Recent Professional Activities
- Chair, Collective Liability Insurance Cooperative
- Chair, IASBO Finance Committee
- Chair, Northern Suburban Benefit Cooperative
- Served on numerous State Association Research Committees
- Executive Board Member and Officer on several Insurance Cooperatives
- Registered School Business Administrator, 1988
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1982
- M.S. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- B.S. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL