We want to welcome our new and returning Trevian families to this unique school year. As you prepare for your child to return to school, we want you to know that we have dedicated a tremendous amount of time and effort to carefully plan a service delivery model for students that is rooted in maintaining a safe and engaging learning environment. Remote learning this fall will look different than remote learning in the spring, and we are well-prepared to offer a more robust learning experience.
Given the changing nature of state and federal health guidance for schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic, New Trier High School has been developing plans for a number of learning scenarios in the 2020-2021 school year. On August 12, Superintendent Paul Sally presented his Comprehensive Reopening and Operational Plan for 2020-2021 , which includes a Reopening Ladder with steps for different learning scenarios. The District may move up or down the ladder throughout the year in response to COVID-19 rates and other factors. New Trier's goal is to have students learning in school as often as possible while providing a safe environment for students and staff. Please note that our planning is fluid, and some plans may change if circumstances change. Please visit https://www.newtrier.k12.il.us/backtoschool/ for the most current and up to date information regarding the reopening of school.
Upcoming Language Learning Opportunity
Please join us for a series of 3 Zoom discussions centered around communication and language development and how this information can engage us in being good communication partners at home and beyond. Strategies and techniques to encourage communication and language at home, as well considerations for the future will also be discussed. These 1 hour discussions will involve approximately 45 minutes of information, with time remaining for questions and answers. While it is not necessary to attend all three evenings, it is highly recommended.
Please complete this form to RSVP. You are welcome to invite other family members and/or caregivers too! Please just include all emails on the RSVP form, so we get the link to everyone. Contact Colleen Koulentes, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
- Webinar for Parents of ELS/Transition/NTLC StudentsOctober 20, 2020 : Click here to watch the presentation.
- Webinar of Parents of ELS and Transition students August 20, 2020 : Click here to download the presentation. Click here to watch the presentation.
- Webinar for Parents of ELS and Transition Students July 28, 2020 : Click here to download the presentation. Click here to watch the presentation.
- Webinar on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 : Click here to download the presentation. Click here to watch the presentation.
- Return to School 2020 Survey (Survey is closed).
PARENT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT