Thank you for your interest in student teaching at New Trier High School.
Prospective student teachers must complete the online student teaching application. There will be two different applications.
- For the Fall/Winter of 2021, the application window will open on January 13, 2021 and close on March 31, 2021.
- For the Spring of 2022, the application window will open on August 31, 2021 and close on October 15, 2021.
The application process begins with the submission of the online application . To begin the student teaching process, click here .
Applicants must upload the following documents when completing the online application:
- A letter of request for placement from the University
- All applicable transcripts
- A Resume
Each applicant's qualifications are reviewed by the Department Coordinator and Department Chair. The applicant may be required to interview with the potential cooperating department personnel and placement will be determined based upon the results of the interview.
Student teachers will be placed according to the number of cooperating teachers available in requested content areas. Placements are limited. After a placement is made, a confirmation letter will be sent to the University that includes the cooperating teacher and contact information for the student.
To begin the process for Observations, please complete the Observation Form . Send your completed Observation form and current university class syllabus to Barb Ferguson, email@example.com .
Once the request is received, it will be reviewed and matched with the teacher and availability.
Upon approval, the following will take place:
- Your information will be given to the teacher, who will then contact you directly to arrange convenient hours.
- Please bring driver's license or state ID to be processed through the sex offender data base.
- You will be processed as a visitor for that day only.
You will need to repeat the above process for each day of observations.
The highest level of professionalism is expected from observers:
- On the first day, you will be introduced to the department assistant. Please follow any guidelines given.
- Once you have confirmed the schedule that has been arranged for you, you must follow it. Please be respectful of the time and effort that teachers put into planning the observation lesson.
- Arrive on time. If you will be late or unable to attend, please contact the person with whom you arranged your schedule.
- We have 70‐minute periods.
Questions about Student Teaching or Observations? Contact:
Human Resources Specialist
New Trier High School
7 Happ Road
Northfield, IL 60093