New Trier Rowing Club, an independent tax-exempt organization, (NTRC) understands that there may be valid reasons for a rower to leave the program. Parents and rowers should also understand that NTRC makes financial commitments related to regattas (food, lodging and transportation) prior to the start of the season. Please review the following provisions before a decision to leave the program is made:
- A rower who leaves the program during tryout week will not be assessed a regatta fee.
- A rower who leaves the program after making the team (becoming a rostered rower) but during the first week of the regular season will be assessed 50% of the regatta fee.
- An eligible rower who is not selected to be part of a regatta travel crew by his or her coach, shall receive a pro-rata refund of the regatta fee related to that event.
- A rower who is injured and not able to complete during the season shall receive a pro-rata refund of the regatta fee. A physician's note may be required. The rower's "season" shall be defined as the period from the team's first day of practice to the last day on the water.
- No refund of any fee will be made in the case of a rower who is asked to leave the program for disciplinary reasons, for non-injured rowers who decide to leave the program voluntarily after the first week of the regular season, or for suspension due to academic probation.