During this time, we will remain open to deliver on our promise of providing safe, and effective rehabilitation services to our patients. The safety of our patients and staff is extremely important to us and we are following the guidelines of the CDC and other health authorities to provide the safest environment for all.
Request an Appointment
Athletic Trainers are licensed by the State of Illinois as healthcare professionals who optimize care for the safe return to activity and participation for their patients. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, treatment, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities.
New Trier Township High School District 203 has decided to utilize BrainCheck to assess student-athletes for baseline data related to concussions. Currently, New Trier is using ImPact testing. Below are some reasons for the transition.
- BrainCheck can be administered using a laptop, desktop, or iPad
- ImPact testing requires a laptop or desktop computer only
- New Trier has significantly reduced the number of computer labs at each campus
- Use of iPads allows for the ability to test a large number of students at one time
- Students could perform the BrainCheck test remotely
- BrainCheck is compatible with the Sports Medicine Electronic Medical Records, Sports Ware.
Computerized Cognitive Assessment Aid
- BrainCheck is a Computerized Cognitive Assessment Aid, a prescription device that uses an individual's score(s) on a multitude of cognitive tasks to provide an interpretation of their current level of cognitive function. It is registered as a Class II medical device with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). (Registration number: 3014129043), similar to ImPACT.
- BrainCheck is a diagnostic aid used by the clinician, not a stand-alone diagnostic, similar to ImPACT.