It will be more than six months since our children were last in school. Unfortunately, there isn't much more certainty regarding school than there was back then. Our administration and teachers have been working hard to try to provide a safe and positive experience under the circumstances. We all need to be flexible and live with some ambiguity.
But New Trier is working hard to build community in a remote environment. Our goal as the NTPA is to assist in the communication of information and provide any additional resources we see as helpful to you and your student(s). Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.
Consider bookmarking this webpage. We plan to keep it updated with as much pertinent information as possible. We look forward to connecting with you.
Class of 2022 co-chairs
- Virtual Parent Coffee, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Oct. 22: Join the NTPA and junior parents for coffee and conversation via Zoom. We'll meet and hear from the junior adviser chairs, Greg Sego and Patricia Sheridan, about what to expect this year. The Zoom link, meeting ID and passcode was emailed to parents.
Post High School Counseling
On Oct. 7, New York Times bestselling author Harlan Cohen gave his "College During Covid" presentation. Harlan was very positive and encouraged parents and students to enjoy the college-selection process, not stress about it. If you missed the program,
for the replay.
Stay up to date on college information and testing options with the following resources:
- Click here
for virtual college fairs.
- Click here
for the PHSC website.
- Follow on twitter @NTPHS.
- Click here
for the September newsletter.
- Learn how to use the PHSC Canvas Page.
to watch a webinar that provides valuable information on how PHSC supports your child through the college admissions process.
- Election judges: If juniors are interested in being an election judge, they can
to apply. It's a great experience to see democracy in action.
- Attendance: New online procedures allow for more automation and reduce the need to have the adviser as middle person.
to learn how to report an absence.
- Help Desk: If students need technical help with their device, they can call (847) 784-2399 or email
- Reopening Advisory Board: Click here
for the group's website. It will be updated regularly regarding reopening plans. It's also a good resource for local metrics.
- Mental Health: Click here
for the services New Trier provides.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER
If you're interested in volunteering for any events junior year, please click
to submit your name and email address. We'll send you volunteer opportunities as they become available.
Important Reminders & Information