We have heard from faculty how great it has been to reconnect with students and how engaged they have been during remote learning. Our teachers are working hard to create the most positive learning experiences for them in this unique environment. Staying engaged in learning means attending all of their classes and completing all assignments so they continue to grow and prepare themselves for next year. If there are obstacles preventing your student from engaging in their learning or if they feel unable to participate, please have them contact their adviser or teachers so we can support them.
3rd Quarter Grades
- 3rd Quarter Grades will be visible in PowerSchool on Thursday, April 9th. Click on the following link for information about how to access your student's grades: Report Cards and Grades
- Access PowerSchool Student and Parent Portal
- Input your username and password
- Click "forgot my username or password" link on the login screen if you have misplaced or forgotten your password or username
- Need PowerSchool help? Email PowerschoolSupport@newtrier.k12.il.us
- Please contact your student's teacher or adviser if you have questions about grades.
4th Quarter and 2nd Semester Grades
We have developed grading guidelines for the fourth quarter that prioritize learning and ongoing student engagement, while recognizing the unique circumstances of remote learning.
Below are important points to know about fourth quarter grades. Click HERE for more detailed information about our Remote Learning Grading Practices.
- Third quarter grades will be your student's baseline grade . It is the lowest grade they may receive for the second semester, as long as they actively participate during the remote learning period.
- An incomplete may be issued if your student disengages from remote learning or is unable to complete remote learning assignments and will be handled on an individual basis.
- Students can only improve their grades. Second semester grades can only maintain or increase their academic standing over third quarter grades.
- If your student has concerns about their grade , please encourage them to reach out to their teacher.
We hope the week is going well for your family. We will be sending out a survey for feedback on remote learning next week.
Dr. Paul Sally
Superintendent, New Trier High School