The CDC advises that we follow these tips to help prevent respiratory illness:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of tissue in trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
For current information about Flu/Influenza or the Novel Coronavirus, click on Illinois Department of Public Health links.