Summer School - General Information
- Summer School schedules will be available via the
PowerSchool Parent Portal
during the week of June 7. The Summer School office will notify families when schedules are available in PowerSchool. Individual schedules will not be mailed or emailed. You must access PowerSchool to view individual schedules; look for the left-hand icon named "Summer Schedule."
- If you have any questions about your schedule, please email the
Summer School Office at
- Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2025) - For the academic and enrichment classes, students must complete their iPad orientation. Please be sure to register for an
during the week of June 8th.
- Individual teachers will contact students through Canvas or student email to share opening day expectations, course information, and structure prior to the first day of class.
- Questions about print books and e-books should be directed to the
(847)784-2340. The website for ordering is
Teachers will send information about books or materials needed for purchase when they communicate with students prior to the first day of class.
- Please consult the
Sports Times and Locations
schedule for Summer School Athletic information.
- Driver Education: If you have questions about Driver Education, please email the instructor, Bob Spagnoli at
or the department chair, Andy Butler at
- Incoming freshmen participating in Summer School: Documentation of a current health exam and evidence of immunizations is requested before starting summer classes.
Current New Trier Students do not have to provide any additional information.
If you have questions email
Health Services at
- Registrants must pay the non-refundable $50/student registration fee and the entire tuition at the time of billing from New Trier's Business Office which will occur in May.
- Refunds: Students may receive a tuition refund for a dropped course through the first three days of a class. The three-day deadline also applies to classes that do not fall within the semester framework. The registration fee is non-refundable. Please email the
Business office at
Semester 1 refund deadline: 3:00 pm, June 16
Semester 2 refund deadline: 3:00 pm, July 12
- Summer school students attending classes or athletics in person will be required to show a QR code each day attesting that their parent has filled out the
Ruvna health screening questions
Current New Trier High School students and students who will be completing 8
grade and are registered with District 203 will be eligible to enroll in summer school courses. Students who do not attend New Trier High School will not be eligible to enroll for the summer of 2021
Summer School Athletics
Notification to Families and Payment:
- Families who register by March 17 will find out shortly thereafter if their request can be accommodated.
- Families will be contacted between mid-April through mid-May if their summer school request cannot be accommodated.
- Registrants must pay the non-refundable $50/student registration fee and the entire tuition at the time of billing from New Trier's Business Office, which will occur in May.
- There is no tuition for credit recovery courses.
- The Business Office receipt of payment will be the final confirmation of course enrollment.
Accessing the SummerSchool Registration Request Form:
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal at:
Click the "Forgot Username or Password" link on the login screen if you have misplaced or forgotten your username or password.
- Do not log into your Student's Portal. Summer School Registration requests must be submitted using the Parent's PowerSchool portal.
- Click on "Forms" located on the left side navigation bar.
- Under the category "Summer School" choose the following form(s):
"SummerSchool Academic / Enrichment Course Request"
"SummerSchool Athletic Course Request"
- These forms will be available on Feb 16
at 8:00 AM.
If you have questions about your PowerSchool Parent Portal user account or are having trouble logging in, please contact the Data Team by email at
- Need PowerSchool help? Call the Helpline 847-784-7548 on M-F from 8:00 am to 3:30
If you have questions, please email