It will be more than six months since our children were last in school. Unfortunately, there isn't much more certainty regarding school than there was back then. Our administration and teachers have been working hard to try to provide a safe and positive experience under the circumstances. We all need to be flexible and live with some ambiguity.
But New Trier is working hard to build community in a remote environment. Our goal as the NTPA is to assist in the communication of information and provide any additional resources we see as helpful to you and your student(s). Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.
Consider bookmarking this webpage. We plan to keep it updated with as much pertinent information as possible. We look forward to connecting with you.
Class of 2022 co-chairs
COVID-19 Screening Program: FAQ and Sample Collection Info
New Trier has entered into a contract with SafeGuard Screening, LLC, to provide weekly COVID-19 saliva screening to students and staff. Samples will be collected at home and returned to school for lab screening.
for the required online sign-up form for your student.
The primary goal of the screening program is to allow for more consistent in-person instruction for students by serving as a more accurate way to assess the risks of reopening and by lessening community spread. In order to achieve this goal, the program must have high levels of participation from students and staff.
for the complete COVID-19 Screening Program website.
- Parent University: College Financial Planning Webinar, 7-8 p.m., Dec. 2: Dan Maga II, president of American College Funding in Wilmette, will educate you on how to prepare for the costs of college and pay in the most tax-efficient manner. Dan also will discuss how to predict what each college will offer your student before applying so you know what to expect in terms of financing. Advance registration is required.
Post High School Counseling
Stay up to date on college information and testing options with the following resources:
- Click here
for virtual college fairs.
- Click here
for the PHSC website.
- Follow on twitter @NTPHS.
- Click here
for the November newsletter.
- Learn how to use the PHSC Canvas Page.
to watch a webinar that provides valuable information on how PHSC supports your child through the college admissions process.
- Election judges: If juniors are interested in being an election judge, they can
to apply. It's a great experience to see democracy in action.
- Attendance: New online procedures allow for more automation and reduce the need to have the adviser as middle person.
to learn how to report an absence.
- Help Desk: If students need technical help with their device, they can call (847) 784-2399 or email
- Reopening Advisory Board: Click here
for the group's website. It will be updated regularly regarding reopening plans. It's also a good resource for local metrics.
- Mental Health: Click here
for the services New Trier provides.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER
If you're interested in volunteering for any events junior year, please click
to submit your name and email address. We'll send you volunteer opportunities as they become available.
Important Reminders & Information