Registration for 2020-2021 Bus Service is CLOSED
The deadline for registering for bus service was Friday, July 31, 2020 at NOON.
Bus route information will be emailed to parents the week of Monday, September 7, 2020. The student's bus privilege is noted on the student ID card. Students will receive their bus IDs during their advisery period during the first week of in-person learning. Please keep monitoring your email for further updates.
New Trier High School provides bus transportation services through Alltown Bus Service, Inc. In order to best serve the needs of the District and families, bus routes will be developed after Friday, July 31, 2020 deadline. Please see below for more specific details:
Safety and Procedure Changes
- Students will be required to wear a face covering for the duration of the ride
- Students must undergo symptom and temperature checks at home before boarding the bus
- Students who have a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius or symptoms of COVID 19 should remain at home
- Social distancing at the bus stop must be maintained to the greatest extent possible.
- Buses will have new cleaning procedures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Capacity on each bus will be reduced to help with social distancing
- Spaces will be limited and a waitlist will be developed if a bus route reaches capacity
- During these unprecedented times we encourage students if possible to carpool to free space for students who need bus services.
- These guidelines may need to be updated as information continues to evolve.
- At this time, we are offering only offering 1
Semester Round Trip Bus Passes
- The bus pass will cover transportation from school based on the hybrid model
- If we convert to a 100% in person instruction, families will have the option, if purchasing round trip bus service for the additional three days
- If school is converted to remote learning, families will receive a prorated refund
School Bus Information:
AM and PM Bus Routes
New Trier's morning bus routes pick up students in all grade levels, stopping first at the Northfield Campus and then proceeding to the Winnetka Campus. In the afternoon, buses leave the Northfield Campus to take students directly home and then proceed to the Winnetka Campus to pick up students and take them home.
Students are dismissed at 3:15 p.m. at the Northfield Campus and 3:35 p.m. at the Winnetka Campus. Northfield Campus buses depart at 3:25 p.m., and Winnetka Campus buses depart between 4:00-4:15 p.m.
The District will provide more information about the type and frequency of shuttle service in August