Class of 2024
Greetings Class of 2024 Parents,
Mark your calendar! On Saturday, May 13, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m., New Trier will host a brand-new event, Trev Fest -- a free, parents-only evening of live music and mingling in Hubbard Woods Park. More information will be shared as the date approaches.
The NTPA has offered several interesting parent presentations this year. Here is information from recent NTPA events:
- March 3 NTPA Parent Coffee: Mr. Michael O’Connor from the PHSC Department discussed the current landscape of college admissions. You can view the slide presentation HERE.
- February 7 NTPA Parent University program, Profile of the NT Class of 2022: You can find the packet HERE and the recording HERE.
- December 5 Parent University program, College Financial Planning: The recording can be found HERE.
- The NTPA 2024 Fall Parent Coffee was held in October. NT Junior Adviser Chair Trish Sheridan shared this handout which presents key events of junior year.
We want to make sure you are aware of the following information from New Trier’s Post-High School Counseling Department:
- Parent Reflection Form: Your student’s PHSC counselor will use this form as a reference when writing your student’s recommendation for college applications. If you haven’t submitted it yet, it’s not too late! The form can be found HERE.
- Family Meeting with PHSC: Each family has an opportunity to meet with their student’s PHSC counselor during second semester of junior year. Your student will schedule this meeting during a free period. For more information about this meeting, CLICK HERE.
If you’d like to be contacted when volunteer opportunities arise, please fill out this form.
The NTPA is here as a resource for you and your family. Be sure to check back here regularly for updates and information on parent events and opportunities. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenny Keller and Kristen Whisner
NTPA 2024 Co-Chairs
IMPORTANT REMINDERS AND INFORMATION
PARENT UNIVERSITY - PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Welcome to Parent University, a central location for all New Trier Parent Educational programming including seminars, round tables, coffees and informational meetings. Programming listed here is intended for the New Trier community, and is sponsored by New Trier High School, New Trier parent organizations and various community groups.
Class of 2024 Officers
Nora Larkin - Vice Chair
Kait Paden - Vice Chair
Wendy Donahue - Secretary
Lisa Weis - Treasurer
Amy Bucklew - Adviser Room Liaison
Ann Braham - Communications
Laura Herrick - Programs
Becky Sanderson - Programs
Julia Goebel - Parent Coffees
Nancy O'Donnell - Parent Coffees
Jennifer Mesterharm - Transfer Families
Marcia Stone – Transfer Families
Katie White - Transfer Families
Nancy Wikel - Volunteers
Mary-Audrey Atteberry - Exam Snacks
Colleen Fischvogt - Exam Snacks
Noelle Hunken - Parent Liaison
Buggie O'Grady - Parent Liaison