Social Work Support Groups
If you are interested in joining or finding out more information about one of the groups, please stop by B230 at Northfield, room 225 at Winnetka, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are need-based support groups that run when we have reached a minimum threshold of students demonstrating interest. Groups meet weekly during rotating periods, so students should only miss one class per quarter. Students joining these groups are responsible for making up work from the class they missed. All students attending a support group will be administratively excused for that period. Dates and times for groups will be determined each school year.
- EATING DISORDER RECOVERY GROUP: Support for students recovering from eating disorders who have received some treatment.
- Lunch with a Purpose – Provides a place where students can come to eat lunch, maybe play games, meet people, do homework – whatever you need to do!
- Chronic Illness Group – Support for students that are struggling with a chronic Illness.
- EMPOWER GROUP: For students who have survived abusive and/or unhealthy intimate relationships or experiences.
- MANGOES: Support for students who have lost a parent or sibling.
- RAFT: Support for students navigating stress related to family members (parent/guardian or sibling) who are addicted to alcohol or drugs.
- SAMS: (Stress and Anxiety Management Strategies) – is a group offered at the NF campus that provides students with foundational knowledge on how stress and anxiety can impact their physical and mental health.
- RECOVERY GROUP: Continuing support for students who have received treatment and are working to maintain abstinence from alcohol and/or drugs. Students MUST be committed to working on sobriety issues.
- Siblings With A Disability Group. Support for students that have a sibling with special health and/or development concerns.
- PICKLES GROUP: This group is for those students who have a parent or a guardian who has been diagnosed with cancer