Registration for the 2023-2024 Bus Service is OPEN
New Trier High School provides bus transportation services through Alltown Bus Service, Inc. If you would like to register your student for bus transportation for the 2023-2024 school year, please click Transportation. At this site you can register online with Discover, MasterCard or Visa. Prior to registering your child, please read the following information on our website.
The deadline for registering for bus service is Tuesday, July 11.
In order to best serve the needs of the District and families, bus routes will be developed after Tuesday, July 11, 2023 deadline. Please see below for more specific details:
- Routes are determined based on the locations of those who register.
- Any registration received after Tuesday, July 11 will be accepted only if space is available on existing routes.
- The routes will not be altered to accommodate late registrations, so your child will be placed at the bus stop nearest to your home (if space is available).
- If space is not available students will be placed on a wait list for the appropriate route. Bus requests will be processed in the order they were received from the waitlist. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name and student number to be placed on the waitlist.
- Specific bus stop information will be emailed to families prior to the start of school.
- Bus passes will be sent to the Advisers for distribution to the students during the second week of school.
School Bus Information
AM and PM Bus Routes
Free Shuttle Buses
Transportation Refund Requests 2023-2024 School Year
Maps, Fees and Guidelines
Pace Transit Information
Pace’s regular mainline services will be running during the 2023-24 school year and no reductions in services are planned at this time. Please see PaceBus.com/Fall2023 for more details about Fall 2022 service and to learn more about Pace. To stay informed about the latest updates on your route(s), please sign up for Pace's email/text alerts by clicking here .
The easiest way for students to utilize Pace is by purchasing a Ventra card, which costs $2.00. The Ventra card can be purchased at the webstore by clicking here. Ventra cards will be sent to your child’s advisor. Please select your child’s advisor in the dropdown menu. Lastly, New Trier High School does not have access to your Ventra card account, and you must register your Ventra online at ventrachicago.com or by calling 1.877.669.8368.
If you have any questions about service to your school, please contact Pace Customer Relations at 847-364-PACE (7223).
Union Pacific North Line
Full time students enrolled in a grade school or high school can purchase a reduced One-Way, 10-Ride or Monthly Pass. College students are not included in the program. Student fares are always in effect. Your child will download the Ventra app when purchasing a ticket. Instructions are below to purchase a train ticket via the Ventra app Students must present a valid school I.D. bearing the student's name, school name. Student identification card must be displayed along with the ticket to the conductor. Failure to do so will result in full fare payment. Student tickets are not transferable. Any questions concerning the above may be directed to Metra Passenger Services at 312.322.6777 or visit Metra https://metrarail.com/tickets.
Instructions to purchase a reduced fare via the Ventra App:
- Download the Ventra app
- Click Buy Metra Tickets
- Select the Metra Line (UP-N- Union Pacific North). This line serves New Trier Winnetka Campus.
- Select your departure location and arrival destination.
- Scroll down to the “reduced fare options and select “Student Fares K-12”
- A drop down will appear with three options of purchasing a reduced fare. You may purchase a one-way ticket, 10-Ride Reduced Pass or a Monthly Reduced Pass.
- Checkout and enjoy your riding privileges.