The following procedures must be followed when requesting access to District public records under the provisions of the Illinois FOIA:
- Inspection of District records not exempted under the FOIA will be permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, on days the District office is open to the public.
- Inspection of records is to be made in the designated area, and District records are not to be removed from the District office.
- Requests to inspect District records must be submitted via this online form or in writing to Christopher T. Johnson, Assistant Superintendent. The District will answer requests received within five working days, unless an extension authorized by FOIA applies or the request is for a commercial purpose.
- Requests must specify District records with reasonable particularity to avoid inefficient use of staff time in retrieving and preparing records for inspection.
- The Superintendent or designee may be present during inspection of District records.
- Copies of requested records will be provided by District employees within the limitations of District copying equipment.
- No fees will be charged for the first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal sized copies requested by a requester. The fees charged for copying District records above and beyond 50 pages shall be 15¢ per copy. The cost of color copies will be 25¢ per copy. For all other copies, the District shall charge no more than the actual cost for reproducing records. The optional charge for certification of public records is $1