Academic Assistance Center - Northfield Campus (Room A405)
We provide support in algebra, biology, geometry, physics, Spanish, German, geoscience and reading/writing for Northfield Campus students.
- academic support from qualified instructors, many of whom are retired teachers
- constructive feedback on written assignments
- clarification of concepts
- assistance in test preparation, study skills and organization
Test Makeup Center
The AAC also houses the Northfield Test Makeup Center, open from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm daily, Fridays 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. After school, students must arrive by 3:15.
In keeping with the mission of New Trier High School, the Academic Assistance Center is committed to providing caring academic support conducive to the development of academic success for all students through subject specific tutoring, organizational assistance and academic-related stress reduction.
The Academic Assistance Center aims to provide our diverse student population with the tools needed for academic success by empowering students to cultivate thinking skills, learning strategies, and behaviors of confident, independent and lifelong learners.
Our Goal - Tutoring:
To provide high-quality tutoring services in a variety of subjects to as many students possible.
Our Goals - Toolkit for Academic Success:
- To develop and implement quality academic support services for New Trier students.
- To help students understand the value of persistence and the growth mindset
- To increase students' knowledge of behaviors, stress reduction habits, and skills that lead to academic success