- Student school fees are assessed each school year to support curricular and extracurricular programs. These student fees account for less than 1% of District revenue but are an important part of the budget. In 2012, the Board of Education discussed and approved a philosophy regarding student fees, which are to be assessed equitably to all students, except for a small number of course-specific fees. All students pay the general and activity fees. The fees below are for the 2023-24 school year.
- General Fee: $123 - The general fee helps fund such items as course supplies, science lab materials, required testing materials, college transcripts, ID cards, class projects, class institutes, and towel service.
- Activity Fee: $94 - The activity fee partially funds materials/supplies for extracurricular activities as well as providing opportunities for participation in student clubs, athletics, and performing arts. As a result of this fee, students pay no admission to home athletic contests and some performances in music and performing arts.
Optional Dues & Fees:
- New Trier Parent's Association dues: $35. Every parent of a New Trier student is a member of the New Trier Parents' Association. Annual dues support the directory, parent programming and Parents' Press, exam snacks for all students, contributions to the Angel Fund and NTHS scholarship fund, and senior year-end activities, including the graduation party.
- Driver Education: $500 - The fee for Driver Education is set by the State of Illinois. This fee is assessed to students who are enrolled in the behind the wheel portion of Driver Education.
- Marine Biology $450 - This fee covers the scuba training and certification program for students taking the Marine Biology course.
- Transportation - These amounts vary depending on the service needed. Families purchasing round trip transportation for more than one student receive a discount of $30 or $50 for the second student, depending on the level of transportation service needed.
Full Year Transportation 1 Semester Transportation Round Trip $1,014 Round Trip $555 AM only $708 AM Only $384 PM only $817 PM Only $436
- Student parking $1,732-This is available for senior students only. Parking passes are available for the full school year. The application process is held in March of the previous year. Passes are distributed by lottery. Any outstanding fees must be paid prior to a parking pass being issued.
Payment methods for School Fees
There are three ways to pay the school fees: online payments, cash or check.
Online payments can be made by logging onto your PowerSchool parent account. You can access PowerSchool via the link on the Parent/Community page on the school's website or by typing http://newtrier.powerschool.com
Online payment instructions:
- Log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you do not have a PowerSchool parent account or cannot log on to PowerSchool, please contact the data support team at PowerSchoolSupport@nths.net or by calling 847-784-2329 between 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM during school days.
- Select the "Balance" icon from the navigation bar on the left hand side of the screen. This will take you to the fees screen to view your balance. Current fees and past unpaid fees will show on this screen
- Click the green "Make Payment" button on the right hand side of the screen. You will be automatically re-directed to our webstore (RevTrak) and asked to log in. If this is your first time at the New Trier webstore, you will be asked to create a new RevTrak account
- After logging in to the webstore, your student's fee will show on the screen. Select "Add to Cart" for each student/items and follow the on-screen directions to check out.
may be made in person at the Northfield Campus. Please check in at the D door off Happ Road.
may be mailed to: School Fees, 7 Happ Rd, Northfield IL 60093. Please include your student's ID number on the check. Checks may be dropped off at the D door at the Northfield campus.
New Trier offers financial assistance for families who qualify in accordance with Board Policy 4-140 Waiver of School Fees. Families must meet the thresholds under the 2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Families may also be eligible for financial assistance due to temporary financial hardship caused by loss of home due to fire, unemployment, parental illness or other emergency situation that would create a severe impact on family income levels. Parents/guardians must complete an application and submit a copy of their most recent Federal Income tax form to be considered for District Financial assistance.
Financial assistance for qualifying families can include:
- Free lunch program
- Transportation to and from school
- Textbook Waiver/Loan Program
- Waiver of registration fees
- iPad Loan Program
The financial assistance form is available in the parent PowerSchool portal under Forms tab. Incomplete applications will not be processed until all forms are uploaded. A paper form may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed by the Associate Superintendent. Families will be notified within 5 business days of a decision. Additional documentation may be requested in some instances.
For specific questions regarding New Trier’s financial assistance program, please call 847-784-3409 or email email@example.com.