Augie Fontanetta, Director of Athletics email@example.com 847-784-2226
Athletic Registration Information
- Registration for Fall Sports is open now. All students must be registered online and have an updated physical on file prior to tryouts/practice. Physicals are valid for 395 days. Please visit the Athletic Registration Site for more information.
Fall Sport Start Dates and Tryout Schedules
- Sport specific tryout/practice schedules can be found on the New Trier Athletic Department website. Contact the head coach of your respective sport with any questions you may have pertaining to tryouts or practices for the fall season.
- The New Trier Booster Club’s mission is to enhance the New Trier High School experience by fostering spirit, sport and tradition within the New Trier community. Parents can learn more about how to join by visiting the Booster Club webpage. .
- For information pertaining to sports medicine and injury prevention and response please contact Head Athletic Trainer Dale Grooms,firstname.lastname@example.org
CALENDARS & DAILY SCHEDULES
School Year Calendar 2022-23
- Important dates, holidays, late arrival/early dismissal days
- Daily Schedule - periods & times for regular school days
Daily Schedule Worksheets
- Daily Schedule Worksheet - Northfield Campus
- Daily Schedule Worksheet - Winnetka Campus
COLLEGE ADMISSION TESTS & TEST PREP COURSES
- Junior Assessment Information
- State SAT
- Information about standardized testing and registration dates.
COURSE SUPPLIES & UNIFORMS
- Art kits may be required for individual courses, and photo kits will be required for all courses. Information on both will be provided in class during the first few days of school.
- Some art and photo supplies may be purchased at: NTHS Bookstore or most art supply stores.
Calculators for Mathematics
- TI-NSpire CAS Handheld Calculators
Algebra 2 and courses that follow - Students are expected to have a TI-NSpire CAS handheld calculator for class activities and assessments.
- AP Calculus or AP Statistics - Students are required to have a handheld TI-NSpire CAS calculator for classroom instruction, activities and assessments.
- TI-NSpire CAS iPad App
Students may use the app for class instruction, activities, and homework.
- Teachers may restrict iPad use during assessments to ensure test security.
- ACT, SAT, & AP tests do not allow iPads. Students will need a handheld calculator for these tests.
English Department Summer Reading
- English books are purchased during the year and may vary between sections. Teachers will inform students about books that need to be purchased.
Kinetic Wellness Uniforms & Locks
Due to the Winnetka Campus construction project, regulation KW uniforms are only required for freshman KW students next year. Dance students, please see your specific uniform information below. The KW uniform should be marked with the student’s name on the green shirt and blue, green, or gray athletic shorts. Students will not be issued a KW locker nor be allowed to participate in class until the marked regulation uniform is presented. Uniforms for both girls and boys may be purchased at the following stores:
- New Trier High School – Bookstore (both campuses)
- Northfield – Bess Hardware & Sports
- Wilmette – Wilmette Bicycle & Sport Shop Inc.
- Northfield Campus Dancers (KW1/Dance and KW1/Dance 2): You will be charged $14.00 on your fee bill and will be automatically provided with a 2022-23 Dance Uniform Shirt. These will be distributed during the first week of classes and a variety of sizes have been ordered. This uniform is required to be worn daily. The Kinetic Wellness shirt does not need to be purchased!
- Winnetka Campus Dancers: If you already own the black Dance Division uniform shirt, it should be worn to class daily. If you are new to dance, extra dance shirts will be available for purchase from your dance teacher during the first week of school.
- Dance Lab Students may wear the Dance Division shirt but are also required to wear leotards, which may be purchased from area shops that cater to NTHS and offer discounts - Allegro Dance Boutique, Evanston; Body & Sole, Northfield.
- Black leggings, yoga pants, footless tights, or simple straight leg athletic pants (e.g. Adidas, Champion, Russell) are preferred. These are available through dancewear stores such as Allegro Dance Boutique and Body & Sole or Amazon.com, Target, and Walmart. Shorts are not allowed.
- Northfield Campus: Every dance student will need a lock for their KW locker. Locks must be purchased from our bookstore (previously purchased bookstore locks may be used).
- Winnetka Campus: Due to construction, locks will not be needed for the 2022-23 school year. The Dance Divisions offers a limited number of cubbies to store uniforms.
Music Department Parent Information
Concert Wear Fittings – August 2022
- All students enrolled in a Music ensemble course need school-issued concert attire for their performances. All Freshmen, and any Sophomore, Junior or Senior who needs a tuxedo or a new choral dress, must complete this sizing form to help us order the right number and sizes for our fittings in August. The fitting dates are as follows:
Monday, August 15 from 10 AM - 2 PM
Wednesday, August 17 from 12 PM - 4 PM
Monday, August 22 from 3:30 PM - 7 PM
We will send out an email to all music students over the summer with a form to sign up for a fitting time on one of these dates! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Concert Wear Coordinator, Sarah Kropski at email@example.com
- The annual NTHS student calendar and planner includes important dates and information all students need to know such as: the block schedule, modified schedule dates and times, as well as the answers to common questions like “What do I do if I lose my student ID card? Where is the lost and found located? How do I request a transcript?”
- The planner is available for purchase from the bookstore, while supplies last. Incoming freshmen do not need to purchase a tracker; it will be provided to you.
- One Stop Trev Shop is a student-run, authentic center for extended learning, providing students with the chance to develop employability and entrepreneurial skills, while being paid. Students manage and work in both the production studio and retail space to produce mostly New Trier-branded items. You can shop online at the link and pick up items at the Winnetka Campus starting the first week of school. The shop is located in Room 463 and is open Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8am-1pm.
FAQ FOR INCOMING FRESHMAN
- Incoming Freshman Frequently Asked Questions – July 27th 2022
- Incoming Freshman website
FINANCIAL AID/FEE WAIVERS
Dennis Karim: Quest Food Service Director firstname.lastname@example.org 847-784-2285
Pia Fazio email@example.com
For all student lunch account inquiries contact Pia Fazio at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dennis Karim at email@example.com
Student Café - Northfield Brochure
Hours of Operation - Northfield Student Café
Student Café - Northfield
- Breakfast in Student Cafe 7:30 – 8:15 am
- Breakfast Cart in D Building 7:30 – 8:15 am
- Lunch Periods 3 & 7 11:30 am – 1:40 p.m.
Trevian Commons & Coffee Bar - Winnetka Brochure
Trevian Commons - Winnetka
- Trevian Commons 7:00 am – 1:10 p.m.
- Lunch Periods 4 & 6 10:20 am – 12:30 p.m.
- Snack Cart 7:30 – 8:15 am
- Coffee Bar 7:00 am - 3:45 p.m.
Additional information about Quest Food Services
- Add money to student’s account online via Web Store
- Nutrition information; Top 8 allergens listed on all menus
- We offer catering to students for advisery, club meetings, birthdays, special meetings, or events. We save you the hassle of going to the store. Students can pick it up in the cafeteria in the morning and use their school ID or cash.
- Health forms for the class of 2026.
- Freshmen: Submit by first day of school
- Health forms for transfer students.
- Transfers: Submit by first day of school
- Required for over-the-counter and prescription medications.
- Requires parent and physician signatures.
Meningitis Vaccine Form (Seniors only)
- Two doses on or after 11th birthday or one dose on or after 16th birthday.
- Seniors: Submit prior to first day of school
- Please submit records to the Health Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to go to the iPad Purchase Portal
- All students are required to have a New Trier-issued iPad to access tools used daily in their classes. The District partially subsidizes this purchase, which includes an iPad, wireless keyboard, durable case, and 4-year AppleCare protection. Learn more here.
- iPads purchased from the district will be distributed to students at the time of their scheduled iPad pickup. Note: Students receive their iPad at the time of their initial training.
- iPad pickup can be scheduled directly from the iPad Purchase Portal after purchasing a device.
- Students are required to complete an online iPad Orientation course (via Canvas) BEFORE the start of the school year.
Mobile Learning Program (MLP) Website
- Get ready for auditions, stage crew and club meetings that start the first week of school! Click here for everything you need to know about opportunities in the first weeks of school.
- Explore your interests in a range of creative & collaborative extracurricular opportunities.
Auditions for Plays and Musicals
- These productions include dramas, comedies, musicals, and a student variety show. Click on the link for information about each production.
- Join stage crew and learn how to build sets, paint scenery, and operate the sound and lights for all performances. No previous experience is necessary. Click on the link for more information.
POST HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING
Jill Cervantes, Department Chair of PHSC email@example.com 847-784-2234
PHSC Events for Students & Parents
- Next Steps for Senior Year: Thursday, September 1, 7:00pm, Gaffney Auditorium, Winnetka Campus
- College Financial Aid Program: Thursday, September 29, 6:30pm webinar
- CHOICES Fair for Students with Disabilities: Tuesday, October 18, Evanston Twp High School, visit www.postsecondarychoices.org for more details.
- Next Steps for Junior Year: Monday, November 11 OR Thursday, November 17, 7:00pm, Gaffney Auditorium, Winnetka Campus
- GAP Year Fair: Saturday, January 28, 12:00-3:00pm Gaffney Auditorium and Student Cafeteria, Winnetka Campus
- Sophomore Preview of Junior Year: Thursday, February 23, 6:30pm, webinar
School Fee Information
2022-23 School Fees $248 Due August 10, 2022
General /Activity Fee ($213) – helps partially fund course supplies, science lab materials, academic field trips, class projects, required testing materials, ID cards, class institutes, and transcripts, as well as materials and supplies for extracurricular activities, opportunities for participation in student clubs, athletics, and performing arts. As a result of this fee, students pay no admission to home athletic contests and select performances in music and performing arts.
New Trier Parent Association Dues - ($35) – The NTPA assists the student body by providing exam snacks, parent programming, student directory, contributions to the Angel Fund, and supports the NTHS scholarship fund. In addition to the above programs, these dues provide for additional programming provided to senior students, including the NTPA graduation party.
Fees for these electives will be added to student accounts after August 1, 2022, for students enrolled in these classes:
- Driver’s Education Fee ($500) – for students taking behind the wheel instruction through New Trier.
- Marine Biology Fee ($450) – for students taking the scuba portion of this class.
- iChinese Reader ($35) - for students enrolled in Chinese 1, 3, 4 and 5.
- Oakton Dual Credit ($25) - for students enrolled in this program.
- KW/Dance 1 uniform ($14) - for students in Dance 1 courses. Uniform shirts will be distributed in class.
- Oakton Dual Credit ($25) – for students enrolled in a Dual Credit or PLTW course.
- E-textbooks and other electronic media that are used in classes are added to the student fee bill as needed.
- Invoices are sent monthly by email to parents/guardians.
- Payment plans for large balances or multiple students are available
- Online payments: credit card payments can be made through the PowerSchool parent portal https://newtrier.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Mail checks to: New Trier High School, Attn: Registration Fees, 7 Happ Rd. Northfield, IL 60093.
- Cash/check payments may be made at the Northfield Campus, Security Door D between 9 am and 3 p.m.
- Instructions to access class schedules will be emailed in early August. Schedules and book lists will be accessed through PowerSchool.
- All parents/guardians will receive the instructions to the email address they have provided.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors will receive the instructions to their New Trier email. Freshmen will not receive a New Trier email address until the start of the school year.
- Errors in a Student’s Schedule due to entry errors or an insufficient number of majors - If you notice an error, email the Assistant Principal at the appropriate campus. We will attempt to correct errors received by August 15th prior to the first day of school. If this is not possible, we will notify the adviser who will help process decisions and changes on the first day of school.
- Any further changes in course requests will be limited. By opening day, you may email the adviser or your student may bring the written request to their adviser. Changes will be reviewed by the Department Chairs and Coordinators in consultation with the Adviser and will be limited by availability of space.
- Prior to the first day of school, class periods may be altered to balance class sizes, but the courses will remain the same.
- All freshman students will be enrolled in a 8-block day so schedules with a missing block will be filled with a Study Hall.
- Guidebooks will be distributed in September via email and will be available online.
- ID pictures for freshmen can be taken during the 1st day of school and during iPad orientation
- Students receive a new ID card in adviser room every year.
- At the Northfield campus, hall lockers will be assigned the first day in adviser room.
- At the Winnetka campus, students who would like to have a locker will need to go to Room 217 during the first two weeks of school.
TEXTBOOK & EBOOK SALE
- The website will be available for orders Wed, July 25th at 8 a.m. until Wed, August 17th at 4 p.m.
- Families are strongly encouraged to purchase texts, eBooks, & other materials through Follett’s website to avoid long lines.
- Choose in-store pick-up, or a flat $7.50 shipping fee per order for home delivery.
- You will need the student’s schedule and book list, which can be found by logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal (freshmen and upperclassmen in early August -- see the Student Schedules section for more information).
Walk-In Book Sale Information & DirectionsWalk-In Book Sale Information & Directions
- Book sale dates, hours, and location:
August 1 to August 17
Monday - Friday
7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Room C101L, Northfield Campus
Phone 847 441 5671
- Building Access - Use the B Building Entrance. All people entering the building must sign in at one of the kiosks located by the doors. The bookstores at both campuses will be closed on Thursday, August 18th and Friday, August 19th and will reopen on Monday, August 22nd at Northfield – C101L (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) and at Winnetka W021A (7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.).
- Complete booklist information for all courses, including course #, course name, author, title, eBook or print, ISBN, and prices - New, Used, and Rental.
- Titles without ISBN should be purchased online or in person from the bookstore for reduced pricing.
- Purchase eBooks through the Online Book Sale link: www.newtriershop.com
- Students will receive specific instructions from their teachers on how to access and download eBooks.
- Please do not access or download before the first day of school. You will do this in class with your teacher. Once an eBook code is redeemed or opened, it is non-refundable.
- Text rental is available for 2022-23. Rental texts will appear as an option in the online bookstore when available as well as in person. For more information on the rental program, call at 847-441-7438 or 847-441-5674.
- Books may be returned with receipt for a full refund within 7 business days from date of purchase.
- Once an eBook code is redeemed or opened, it is non-refundable.
TRANSPORTATION: BUSES & MAPS
- Alltown Bus Service, Fees, and Routes – Please go to New Trier’s website for information regarding bus routes. Bus routes will be mailed to parents in August.
- The deadline to register for bus services is Tuesday, July 12.
PACE Bus Routes - Public transportation service.
- Ventra cards – PACE offers a reduced fare for students. For more information or the purchase a Ventra card visit www.newtrier.k12.il.us/transportation
- Cards for the 2022-23 school year are now on sale and will be delivered to your child’s advisor.
- Daily Shuttle Bus Schedule & Activity Bus Schedule.
Northfield Campus Map | Winnetka Campus Map
- Overview map of each campus.
Parking & Traffic Maps with Pick-Up & Drop-Off Zones
Northfield Campus | Winnetka Campus
- Overview map of parking, traffic, and pick-up/drop-off zones for each campus.
YEARBOOK & NT NEWS
Trevia 2023 – Yearbook
- Yearbook Sales: Trevia 2023 is on sale NOW through December 23, 2022. Books are $55 each and can be ordered at www.yearbookordercenter.com (enter school code 8859). Books will be distributed in school at the end of May. A very limited number will be available at that time for students who did not preorder one; preordering by Dec 23 is the only way to guarantee your child a copy. Contact Trevia advisor Kevin Bond with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Seniors should have already arranged for their senior portraits for the yearbook with Stuart Rodgers Photography by email at email@example.com or by phone at 847-864-7322
- Senior Portraits Deadlines: August 23 - last day to take and select own pose or have retake option
- September 16 - last day to be photographed